Monday, December 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE QUICK BUILD: CUSTOM HG IMPULSE GUNDAM



Happy holidays everyone! :)

Right before we celebrate Christmas here in my place, I decided to make a quick build of this old kit that I got back in High School. It is a High Grade Impulse Gundam 1/100 scale. As you see below it has some boring colors and poor detailing as expected from an HG. Since I'm doing a quick build today, I plan to finish this kit right before Christmas. I'm doing this just for fun to see if I can make a good looking kit despite time limitation. I don't recommend doing quick builds though since if you plan to make a beautiful kit you shall need to spend more time planning, painting and detailing to bring out the best in it. That said let's proceed in building this mech!


I started building this kit at around 9:00 am and finished the straight build at 10:45 am.


To add life to this kit I added some plastic sheets to this plamo to bring out more details. This is my first time though trying out plastic sheets (which is an alternative to Tamiya pla-plates) so I'm excited to see how it will look in the end.


Finally at around 7:00 pm I finished my quick build. I used some leftover paint and decals to make it more cool and decided to make it dirty to add a realistic effect. Below are images of my final product.


The plastic sheets blended well and somewhat looks like part of the original kit.














That's all folks! Thanks again for following my blog. Hope you enjoyed my build. Again, Happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment